Dan, Retired Atty
Experience:  Private Practice
5594706

I met someone through an online chat service for mutual sex

I met someone through an online chat service for mutual sex only. I used a fake identity. Two days later this person is accuming me and two of this person's friends of taking money from the table next to the bed. I did NOT take anything, but this person wants my name and address to give to the police. What should I do? I do not want to give this person any information about me.
Hot -

In your situation I don't believe that it would be in your best interest to volunteer any information to the accuser unless the police intervene to contact you and ask questions. If they do, at that point you will give your side of the story to them. But there is nothing to gain by disclosing your identity to the accuser, and you have no obligation to that person to provide information.

I hope this has been helpful. Let me know if you have any followup questions. If none, please remember to click on the ACCEPT link so that I may receive credit for working on this topic with you. (I'd greatly appreciate it!)

Thank you,

--------------

The information provided is general in nature only and shall not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

PS: If an answer appears to you to have been very helpful, or to have taken above average expertise, and/or research, or if the answer shows an above average amount of time and dedication devoted to your issue, a bonus is nice way to say "Thank you". Thanks!