How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25371
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother has been wrongfully charged with stalking by his

Resolved Question:

My brother has been wrongfully charged with stalking by his ex. We have phone records that prove she contacted him as much as he contacted her and in most cases his contact was in response to a call or text from her. We have witnesses to prove his wearabouts on days in question, etc. What else can we do to prove his innocence and negate the protective order keeping him from seeing his children?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

You may want to try and locate any witnesses who can testify as to his ex's location, on the day she made these allegations. If it can be proved she was alone or not being stalked, the order may not be granted. Providing documentation like you have is great to build your defense and to present to the Judge. Moreover, you may want to address the issue about the children, so something can be arranged so he can see them, in an order is imposed.

CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you