CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

While vacationing in Phoenix AZ last month, I received a speeding

While vacationing in Phoenix AZ last month, I received a speeding ticket through video enforcement. I reside in Iowa and received the ticket through the mail. While I don't contest that I was in fact driving the vehicle at the time, I am questioning whether this is an enforceable violation and what would be the likely outcome if I were to ignore this. I have not signed anything and the ticket arrived with the regular mail- not a certified letter. Thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
If you ignore this, you are likely to have your license suspended. While you can ignore it and say you never received it in the mail, you will eventually have to address it. If it is not done now, it will be done once it effects your license. It is best to retain a traffic attorney in the Phoenix area and have them contest your ticket. Failing to comply with the citation in a timely manner, could also leads to higher fines and costs.