lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

I have a hearing re unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle

I have a hearing re: unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle (my license had expired) today. What should I expect? What can I do to get this over with quickly and at minimal expense? I cannot afford a lawyer.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

If you have renewed your license you can ask the court to dismiss the charge. If you have not renewed your license, then you may want to enter a plea of not guilty and request a trial in order to put it off until you can renew. Usually your first appearance is just to enter a plea and not a trial but it depends on how your particular court is run. It is too late to get a continuance so you need to be sure to show up.

If I have answered your question, an accept and positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!!