Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I have a drug conspiracy charge from 2006 where as I called

I have a drug conspiracy charge from 2006 where as I called an individual and the call was tapped but I never said the word but the individual testified against me to get his time leaned by saying it was me. But they have 16 telephone calls where we talked but not transactions was made?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If you were found guilty and there was no mention of any drugs in any of the phone calls and the verdict was based solely on the testimony of the one inmate, then you certainly have grounds for appeal. If the person on the tape was not you, then your attorney should have asked for a voice analysis and should have presented evidence of this other person with the same name. At this point you need to appeal and if you missed the time to appeal you will have to file a petition for post conviction relief.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”