N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

do you know what the criminal charge is for accepting and ingesting

do you know what the criminal charge is for accepting and ingesting a narcotic pain pilk from someone ? I am a long time chronic pain patient who does take pain meds by prescription for many years, never had anything like this happen before. I live in Ct
The charge would depend on what the pill was. Diazepam is different than morphine.

Nether of you is likely to be charged for this one time lapse in judgment. A person in pain would normally be tempted to take a pain pill offered by a friend.

Do not turn yourself in for this. This is a very minor crime and there is no need to report it. There is no victim. There is nothing to be gained from speaking with the police, ever, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

You have a right under the Fifth Amendment to keep this to yourself.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
An attorney for a very powerful family is trying to use this to force me to pay out a settlement in what amounts to extortion--should i go to FBI
How can they extort anything when there is no physical proof that this ever happened? What are they asking for?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They want me to sign papers saying that it happened---or else they will make it public knowledge with embellishment of course threaten my relatives, etc, etc, -- and that I concede to oweing a certain amount of money in a non existent contract...its a scam-to rip me off bec their large company is going down in flames.
Do not sign anything.

You should consult a local personal injury attorney about this attempted blackmail. http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/Personal-Injury----Plaintiff/Hartford/Connecticut lists several who offer a free consultation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is blackmail considered in the rule of law-is it a criminal? Do you know what the definition is? If someone has a potentially damaging or embarassing item, or information, and alludes to using it in public media, or to even make you believe he might do so--is it all the same thing?
Also if someone pressures you to break the law, and/or aids you in doing so and uses that info later to file suit against you what is that?
Sorry so many questions--I will pay you several times.
http://law.justia.com/connecticut/codes/title53/sec53-40.html indicates that Connecticut no longer has a specific law on blackmail as a crime separate from larceny.

53a-119 covers extortion and that seems to apply to this situation.
From http://law.justia.com/connecticut/codes/title53a/sec53a-119.html

(5) Extortion. A person obtains property by extortion when he compels or induces another person to deliver such property to himself or a third person by means of instilling in him a fear that, if the property is not so delivered, the actor or another will: (A) Cause physical injury to some person in the future; or (B) cause damage to property; or (C) engage in other conduct constituting a crime; or (D) accuse some person of a crime or cause criminal charges to be instituted against him; or (E) expose a secret or publicize an asserted fact, whether true or false, tending to subject some person to hatred, contempt or ridicule; or (F) cause a strike, boycott or other collective labor group action injurious to some person's business; except that such a threat shall not be deemed extortion when the property is demanded or received for the benefit of the group in whose interest the actor purports to act; or (G) testify or provide information or withhold testimony or information with respect to another's legal claim or defense; or (H) use or abuse his position as a public servant by performing some act within or related to his official duties, or by failing or refusing to perform an official duty, in such manner as to affect some person adversely; or (I) inflict any other harm which would not benefit the actor.

I still think you need to go over this with a local attorney.

But to answer your questions:

Extortion is a crime, as defined in 53a-119.

That would be entrapment followed by extortion.