Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

My fiance was arrested saturday and charged with

My fiance was arrested saturday and charged with               PC 646.9(A) Stalking and PC 32 Accessory. Her brother is on parole and he apparently violated his parole. The cops came to her house several times over the last two weeks looking for him, and told her, her father, and her brother they were going to arrest them if her brother didn't turn himself in. Well her brother never came to the house, and the cops kept coming back. Eventually, last saturday march 28th, they arrested everyone in the house and charged them as an accessory. I'm not sure whats going on with her father and brother, but she has no record at all, has never been arrested for anything, and had nothing to do with her brothers actions. Can they legally arrest her and charge her with these charges? She is still in jail. Her court arainment is tomorrow. Her bail is $150,000. I am outraged! Is this legal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
It is legal to arrest her and charge her but may very well be a violation of her constitutional/civil rights. I don't understand why they would do this or set the bail so high on her for this charge unless they had proof the family was somehow assisting her brother.

She needs to get a lawyer to assist her in getting the bail lowered and speak to a lawyer who does civil rights law to examine a potential civil suit.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.