Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

Is it against a State or Federal laws if one is selling prescription

Is it against a State or Federal laws if one is selling prescription medications?
It's against both. It's no different than selling cocaine or heroin (though usually the penalties are lower). The person can also be charged with acting as a pharmacist without a license.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The reason I ask is because in our county the sherriff dept is bad about charging people with this. I wonderer since so many people are caught why the feds are not involved? I will accept your answer but I would like to know this or at least your professional opinion without paying again since I'm just being curious. THANK YOU
Because the feds generally only take cases if there are career criminals involved. And they don't usually take prescription drug cases because the penalty is lower than for cocaine and heroin. So they leave it to the State to prosecute.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank You for your very professional assistance. Highly reccommend to others!