Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I changed my address at the dmv on oct 29,2008 i ask the lady

I changed my address at the dmv on oct 29,2008 i ask the lady there as i applied for a new voting card if i could use my old one and she said yes so i went to my district and voted had to show my drivers lisence and voting card and my drivers lisence had my new address and my voting card had my old well they let me vote and now i have gotten a letter in the mail saying they have turned me into the district attorneys office because i voted at the wrong district can you go to jail for this or be arrested they should have caught this while i was voting
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Technically it is election fraud. Typically it will likely not be prosecuted. If you are contacted by the DA's office, explain the error. If they charge you anyway, you will need to retain counsel.