Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West

is a person that was handed down a 5 year suspended sentence

is a person that was handed down a 5 year suspended sentence with 5 years of probation for marijuana and successfully completed 37 years ago eligable for a concealed weapons permit in nevada? How can i see if it it is in the ncic?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

If your conviction was a misdemeanor, it only keeps you from getting a permit for 3 years. However, if the conviction was a felony, it stays on your record forever (will be on NCIC) and it will keep you from getting this permit.

You are NOT eligible for a permit to carry a concealed weapon if any of the following applies to you:

• You are not 21 years of age.
  • Not a resident of Humboldt County, if Nevada resident, you must apply for CCW permit in the county you reside in. If applying for a non-resident permit you may apply in the jurisdiction of your choice.
  • Cannot provide proof of firearms proficiency.
  • Have outstanding warrants for your arrest.
  • Have been judicially declared incompetent or insane.
  • Been voluntarily or involuntarily admitted to a mental health facility during the immediately preceding 5 years.
  • Have habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substances to the extent that your normal facilities are impaired.
  • Convicted of violating the provisions of NRS 484 (driving under the influence).
  • Committed for treatment pursuant to NRS 458.290 to 458.350, inclusive (substance abuse).
  • Have been convicted of one or more crimes of violence constituting a misdemeanor under the laws of this or any other state, or a territory of possession of the United state at any time during the immediately preceding 3 years.
  • Have been convicted of a felony in this state or under the laws of any state, territory or possession of the United States.
  • You are the respondent or defendant of a temporary or extended order for protection against domestic violence in this or any other state.
  • Currently on parole or probation for a conviction obtained in this state or in any other state, territory or possession of the United States.
  • If you have, within the immediately preceding 5 years, been subject to any requirements imposed by a court of this state or of any other state, territory or possession of the United States, as a condition to the courts.
  • Withholding of the entry of judgment for your conviction of a felony or suspension of your sentence for the conviction of a felony.
  • If you have made a false statement on any application for a permit or for the renewal of permit.
Roger, Lawyer
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West