wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors

my son has a court appointed att. he cant afford a Reg. Att.

my son has a court appointed att. he can't afford a Reg. Att. For drug possesion and cultivation. 1st offense ever, no records. does he need to find an attorney to help with this case or what will the court appointed att do for him? And is there a low cost Atts that will help with this case. PLEASE HELP.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 7 years ago.
Most court appointed attorneys are very experienced and quite good. I would suggest you speak to him before the appearance to see if he makes you feel comfortable and ask him what offer is their for your son, and what type of case this is. If you still do not like him and this is a serious case, try the local law schools, many of them have law clinics which can help you also the local bar association.

Before you hire an attorney make sure this case cannot be plead out on the next few court dates, to something you can live with