Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I have a case number. How do I find docket number, and court/arrest

I have a case number. How do I find docket number, and court/arrest records?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
To find a docket number and court/arrest records, you simply need to go to the court where the charges are filed and speak to someone in the clerk's office. They can check a case by the name of the arrested subject, but they generally cannot check it by the case number XXXXX by the police department. The clerk of the criminal court can provide you a copy of the docket master for the case, which shows all of the activity on the matter since it went to court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”