JPEsq.
JPEsq., Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Experience as Criminal Defense Attorney and criminal law professor
14397910

A girl living in the area called the police saying I stole

Customer Question

A girl living in the area called the police saying I stole her purse. The police came into my friends house without a search warrant came up to where I was sleeping and started yelling at me. I had been drinking and I told them the wrong name, once I woke up and realized what was happening I told them the correct name and they told me that if i didn't let them search my car they were going to take me to jail. They searched my car and found nothing, they came in and told me to get up I was being arrested. I asked if I could put my pants on they said I should have thought about that before I lied about my name. I am male and was lying in bed with another male they called us gay, etc. they took me out in my underwear in public to jail, when i got in the car i cursed. i was charged with giving officer false name and disorderly conduct 2nd degree. im a nurse the girl found the purse had a continuous job since 16 no priors, and am on drug testing home incarceration 5000 cash bond,
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.

What is your question?

Do you want to know how to handle your pending charges? or if there is anything you can do about the police?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I have a chance with approaching action against police, or what do u recommend about the situation
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.

OK

well first I would address the pending charges... I would hire a lawyer, because based on what you have said you will have a very solid argument for supression of evidence (no warrant, no extenuating circumstances).

You can definately find a different lawyer to do this.

You should then file police report against your accuser for false informing. You could also file a civil defamation lawsuit.

As for the bigoted comments by teh police officers, I would first file a complaint with the police department. See where that gets you/