wallstreetesq
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
16356563

if an adult male is texting a minor girl sexually both knowing

Customer Question

if an adult male is texting a minor girl sexually both knowing nothing will ever come of it, can he be put in jail, for how long, and what else may happen to him?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

hi

i need to know what state - as each state's laws can be differing.

also the age of the male and the age of the female

thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We live in Cincinnati, OH the male is 21 but by the time of the court case he will be 22 and the girl is 15 but that was in december when it all happened.

Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 5 years ago.
If the child complains or the parents of the child complains their is a possible charge of endagering the welfare of a minor, the context of the texts matter also if they are truly explicit he can be charged with endagering the welfare of a minor and can face penalties
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you tell me what the penalties are. they describe the text messages as "phone sex" there were photos sent as well.
If photos were sent this is a much more serious case, it could be a possible federal and state crime for a felony child pornography possession charge which will be prosecuted and he will do jail time and be a registered sex offender

* In Ohio, a 19-year-old cheerleading coach was arrested for taking a topless picture of herself and a 15-year-old girl.

.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do you think they will definitely pull the phone records even if the girl has said that this is all a mistake

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

they were sending pictures back and forth does that make a difference?

PHOTOS ARE THE PROBLEM THAT WOULD BE POSSESSION OF CHILD PORNOGRAPHY A FELONY P

Please have him contact an Ohio attorney ASAP.

A 15-year-old Ohio girl was arrested earlier this month for sending nude photos of herself to other minors and was facing felony criminal charges for illegally using a minor in nudity-oriented material and for possession of criminal tools. If convicted, the teen could have been forced to register as a sexual offender annually for ten years.

This week the girl, a student at Licking Valley High School in Newark, Ohio, reached an undisclosed agreement with prosecutors to resolve the case. Details were not released, but the teen won't have to register as a sex offender
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

are they for sure going to pull the phone records , and also he has got a new phone since then so the pictures have been destroyed they only people that have possession is the phone company itself

They may not pull the phone records they can only do this if they have suspicion that this exists, if they have allegations they can and will order the phone records from the phone company.

The best thing is try not get the police involved
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience: 10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the police have been involved, he was a basketball coach at the school she went to but there was another girl that came forward after this situation was set aside that said he was selling her drugs so we aren't even sure what the allegations are at this time
he should contact an attorney ASAP and tell that attorney the whole story he will be possibly looking at a felony charge with years in jail