lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
15417118

Yes .I have a question and need some advise on what i can do

Customer Question

Yes .I have a question and need some advise on what i can do about some charges or warrant i had on placed on a year ago it has never been served today. What happened is that i had a girlfriend who stayed with me and moved out she took our bedroom suite and my tv i could not get ahold of her so i called the police and had charges placed on her it was a warrant,about a week later she called and sayed she had it and that it was accident and had l would going haveing it brought back or pay me for it so i had her pay me for it and i went to drop charges and they had noting on it at courthouse, so i had a friend that was a cop and asked him about it and it showed up in there system.So i went to judges office and had to write out why i want to drop it and where it took place its been a week now and i havent heard noting yet . If he says no what can i do so thay wont get arrested i do not want anymore trouble and i am sorry for any trouble that i may have caused.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

If you have dismissed hte charges, it will eventually be entered in the system. You are not likley to be notified. The judge has no reason to say no so I wouldn't worry about it.

If I have answered your question, an accept and positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont know how to get them droped thats what i would like to do .
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You have done that. You have gone to the court and filled out a request for dismissal. That is all you can do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Okay! so how do i find out if has been?

Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Have her call and see if there is a warrant out for her arrest.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OKAY AND IF THERE IS THEN WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ? AND I WON`T BOTHER YOU NO MORE.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
If there is you go back down to the court and tell them again that the warrant is still outstanding and it needs to be dropped.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time you have been a great help to me.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You're very welcome. The legal system moves at a snails pace.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

They never had droped the charges on her and the county attorney said i couldnt had to go to court.

Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

That is pretty unusual for something like this. Usually when there is no violence and the victim wants it dropped, they simply drop it. Sorry.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I FINALLY WENT DOWN TO THE DISTRICT JUDGES OFFICE AFTER I FILLED OUT AFRODIETIVE THEY SENT IT TO COUNTY ATTORNRYS OFFICE THEY SAID HE WOULD LOOK AT IT AND GET BACK WITH ME AND ITS BEEN A WEEK AND HAVENT HEARD A THING.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
That is not unusual. They do nothing in a hurry. Six months wouldn't surprise me. The problem most people have witht he legal system is that it does move so slow unless it is a high profile case. It is not unusual here for a simple speeding ticket to take a year to come up.