Paul, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Juris Doctor from UTulsa. Practicing attorney in Oklahoma. Experience as a criminal prosecutor.

my ex husband daughter is 18years old her father been having

my ex husband daughter is 18years old her father been having sex with her, she report it to the teachers and they call social services and removed her from the house, this in the state of massachusetts   will he go to jail for doing that
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Paul replied 7 years ago.

Your ex husband could be charged with either or both of the following crimes:

Chapter 272: Section 17. Incestuous marriage or sexual activities

Section 17. Persons within degrees of consanguinity within which marriages are prohibited or declared by law to be incestuous and void, who intermarry or have sexual intercourse with each other, or who engage in sexual activities with each other, including but not limited to, oral or anal intercourse, fellatio, cunnilingus, or other penetration of a part of a person’s body, or insertion of an object into the genital or anal opening of another person’s body, or the manual manipulation of the genitalia of another person’s body, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 20 years or in the house of correction for not more than 21/2 years.

Chapter 265: Section 23. Rape and abuse of child

Section 23. Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under 16 years of age, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years or, except as otherwise provided, for any term in a jail or house of correction. A prosecution commenced under this section shall neither be continued without a finding nor placed on file.

As you can see, if the prosecutor charges him with this crime, and he is convicted, he would likely go to jail or prision for quite some time.

If I have answered your question, please click Accept. I am happy to answer follow-up questions if you need further clarification.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the state of Oklahoma. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my posted reply is general information only that is relevant to your situation and is not specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post and therefore cannot be comprehensive. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney who has been licensed to practice in your state.