wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors

Ok I think this question falls into a couple categories but

Ok I think this question falls into a couple categories but I will start here. I just found out that my wife who takes care of all the bill paying let our house fall 90 days behind on the payments, there is no reason for this since or financial situation has not changed. This happened in Sept,Oct & Nov. She then took out what is called a home saver loan in both our names to make it current. She would have had to forge my signature since I knew nothing about it at the time. There has been other thing going wrong in our relationship but this seals the deal for divorce. My question is what kind of trouble will she be in when I go to the athorities, and could I not turn her in but use it against her to get what I want(kids, house ect.).
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 7 years ago.

Your situation is common, she would have had to forge your signature also a notary must have been involved as usually loan documents require them.

If you have her arrested be sure that the loan docs were actually forged by requesting copies from the bank, also make a fraud claim with the bank first to cancel the loan when they state a fraud happened notify the police, also be aware the police sometimes do not want to get involved in these matters. This would clearly be a felony case of forgery and would be damaging to her in a custody case.

I would not first contact the police without evidence of the actual documents signed or a fraud claim verified by the bank.

In most states the husband is responsible for the debts of the spouse so be sure you try to have the loan canceled as you may be liable for it through the divorce.