lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
15417118

I have recently had a DUI charge thrown out of court because

Customer Question

I have recently had a DUI charge thrown out of court because the arresting oficer violated my 4th amendment rights, but the damage this arrest, not to mention the money has cost me is enormous. It cost me three jobs, my drivers license for a year, and endless motional suffering. Is there anything I can do to try and recover the financial loss this arrest cost me?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

You can file a civil suit against the officer and his department. The chances of winning are very small. What did your current attorney advise?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So I guess the bill of rights, and all that is just crap. we as citizens have to prove ourselves innocent, and endure all the financial and personal loss that comesfrom that while law enforcement continues to do this type of thing to other citizens because they know there is no penalty for their actions.
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately that is just about correct.