Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I was plead a gross misd. in 2003 that resulted in a peditory

I was plead a gross misd. in 2003 that resulted in a peditory offender registration until 2013. I am not a level 3 offender, as far as I've been told, I'm not even a level 1. My question is regarding travel. I am planning a wedding and a honeymoon in Mexico or the Carribian and was wondering if I can obtain a passport that is needed to fly back into the country. Any advice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

are you on probation or parole - because that is going to restrict your movements. additionally, getting a passport is going to be tough as a sexual offender - you can get the passport, if not on probation or parole - but the US will notify those countries of your impending ventures - those countries can preclude your entrance

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not on probation or parole. So that means I can get the passport, correct? I served 20 days in county and 2 yrs prbation. My registration ends in 2013. Is there any way to know in advance if the country will not allow my ventures? That way I can plan my honeymoon more effectively. Are there any countries that you've noticed are more receptive?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

no. there is really no way to tell - you can check the embassy website and see what it says about admittance. and, yes - you will need to disclose your record on the passport application. but if no parole or probation, then you should be granted one. as to leaving the state - as long as you do not take a permanent residence - then you should not need to register in those states. but you will want to check the website of the sheriff's office in each county you plan on visiting to make sure they do not required notice of your arrival - they might. if you violate thier specific laws, then you can be charged - each state is different

good luck