wallstreetesq
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors

Do my security Guard license get revoked with a misdeameno

Do my security Guard license get revoked with a misdeamenor?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

In order for me to better assist you, please provide the following information:

What is the misdemeanor for?

Have you been convicted of it yet? or is April 13th your first court appearance?

Thanks

Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 5 years ago.
Usually if their is a gun charge you would not be able to work as a security guard, also if the position requires you to have a gun you can forget that position.

However, if the misdemeanor was for something else, you should disclose it upfront on future job applications, get a certified disposition from the court and try to explain away.

Be aware private companies can make a clean record part of the job, public places such as schools and government buildings usually want you to disclose any prior arrests and convictions.

What you should do is have your lawyer negotiate a deal with the DA to have a non misdemeanor conviction based upon your job circumstances, also request him to mention it to the judge, bring the letter from your job stating you no longer can work due to the arrest, in NY for a first time offense they do work with you unless the charge is serious.

You must request ASAP to have you lawyer plea bargain down to a violation due to your job situation it can and often does work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took a check of 75 dollars form a direct deposit and I don't know what type of misdeamenor it is?
It is a class A misdemeanor if they charge you with a petit larceny which is max 6 months in jail. Also it would be plead down in ny to a violation or b misdemeanor but restitution will have to be made
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took 75 dollars from a direct deposit acount. yes, April is my first appeance to court and I am not sure what to do. What should I do?
If it is $75.00 they will most likely make an offer to you at the court date, possibly a violation which is not a criminal charge, I would consider it after discussing it with your attorney. $75.00 may have to be repaid as restitution also
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took 75 dollar from a direct deposit. April 13 is my first appearance to court. What should I do?
contact your attorney or if not appointed one the public defenders office and see what they are offering you as a plea bargain
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience: 10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors