Paul, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Juris Doctor from UTulsa. Practicing attorney in Oklahoma. Experience as a criminal prosecutor.

How much time can someone get for getting caught with 30 lbs of marijuana in Mississi

Customer Question

He is a convicted felon and is already in a federal prison for another charge.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The crime was committed in Meridian, Mississippi.
Expert:  Paul replied 7 years ago.

The drug statutes in Mississippi can be found in 41-29-101. Below, is a table showing what the maximum penalties could be for 30 pounds of marijuana. The offenses are divided up into either Possession / Sale / Trafficking. The prognosis for someone who has already been convicted as a felon is not good.

If I have answered your question, please click Accept. I am happy to answer follow-up questions if you need further clarification.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the state of Oklahoma. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my posted reply is general information only that is relevant to your situation and is not specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post and therefore cannot be comprehensive. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney who has been licensed to practice in your state.

Possession >5 kg.: 10-30 yrs. and up to $1 million
SaleOver 1 oz.: up to 30 yrs. and/or $5,000 to $1,000,000; Subsequent offense: double penalties
TraffickingAnyone over 21 selling 10 lbs. or more of marijuana during any 12 month period shall have life in prison without suspension/parole