dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice

I bailed my husband out of jail using our house as collateral.

I bailed my husband out of jail using our house as collateral. He currently going a probation revocation hearing and we are going on vacation out of state because he is going to have to spend some time in prison. Can the bondsman revoke his bail if his probation officer violates for leaving the state
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 7 years ago.

Yes, the bail bondsman can revoke the bail for going out of the state. But, why don't you explain what is going on. You could give the location of your hotel, your time frame, etc. and it might be acceptable. Remember that the reason for the bail anyway is just to ensure that the person will show up in court. Going out of state would naturally make the bondsman nervous about whether your husband will come back in time for court. Assure him that is not going to be a problem.