wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors

defense for michigan criminal misdemeanor larceny for Allegedly

Customer Question

defense for michigan criminal misdemeanor larceny for Allegedly getting for work that was not performed. michigan judicial district court. case. work was performed by my company, the criminal misdemeanor case was filed aganist me. I have an affadavit from the consultant that performed the work. I have a signed contract for the work that was performed. "the case is in criminal court"
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 7 years ago.
Dear eceinic

A case like this requires you to litigate this matter I assume you had a corp and can prove work was performed by employees and yourself, in criminal cases remember they have the burden of proof and have to provide evidence, if you do not want a lawyer make sure you ask for discovery to see what evidence they have against you and then decide if you want to take an offer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

discovery is complete.

they have a copy of the check that was cashed

a complaint with a statement from the police office that investigated the case. the statement was sumitted by the property owners's property management company. The complaint was filed by the home owner.

If you do not have witnesses to testify work was done or receipts of products purchased you may want to consider taking the plea, as long as it is not a jail or felony case it should not be to punitive, however consider applying for legal aid or go to a local law school for free aid
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I stated in the first question that I have an affadivat from my consultant that the work was done. He will also testify. there were no products purchased.
Are you comfortable doing a direct examination on this person?

Your biggest problem will be.objecting to evidence being brought in and cross examination of their witnesses