Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years, criminal defense, from misdemeanors to murder, trials and appeals.
9112957
Criminal Law

can 2 felons get married

HelloCustomer

Thank you for choosing Just Answer! In order to better answer your question, it would be helpful to know a few more facts.

1 - Where are the felons located?

2 - What were they convicted of?

Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
Oklahoma drug conviction/ sex offence
HelloCustomer

The Oklahoma Marriage Act does not list any felony convictions as a bar to marriage. Therefore, two felons may legally marry in Oklahoma, assuming that they are otherwise eligible (not married, of legal age, and not too closely related).

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so, or give you further explanation if you don't understand. If not, please click ACCEPT to pay Just Answer and me for helping you. Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Gloria M."

Good luck and best wishes!

Gloria M

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely informational and educational. Fees I receive for answering questions are paid for information, not legal advice. This forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of knowledge. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship, and I am not responsible for your legal rights. The only way for us to be in an attorney/client relationship is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm, and I am only licensed to practice law in Illinois. You should consult with legal counsel in your area for specific information relevant to your situation.

Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
more Specific can 2 felons on probation still, be assiocated with each other
HelloCustomer

If either felon has, as part of their probation order, a provision that forbids contact with another felon while on probation, then dating a felon or marrying a felon would violate the terms of the probation. That could lead to a revocation of probation and resentencing to prison.

Therefore, the safest course of action would be to avoid contact with each other until the probation period is completed.

Alternatively, the felons could petition the court for a modification of their probation orders, allowing them to have contact and to marry.

Good luck and best wishes!

Gloria M