Cedric
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Several Years of Criminal Defense Trials in L.A. and O.C. as public defender and private attorney
14986957

my husband got arrested for lewd and lacivious malest on minor

my husband got arrested for lewd and lacivious malest on minor between 12to 15 years old never been in trouble before what could his sentence be
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 8 years ago.
Lewd and lascivious conduct on a minor between the age of 12 and 15 without any prior violations is a second degree felony in Florida and may be punished by up to 15 years in prison. Given that your husband has not been in trouble with the law before, the sentence should hopefully be more lenient. Also, your husband will be able to obtain good time credit while in prison and should be eligible for parole before the completion of his sentence. I hope this helps; I wish I had better news for you.