You can do a couple of things to determine if the business is legitimate.
1) check and see if it a registered legal entity in Pennsylvania. You can do this by performing a search on the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website. The direct link to the search page is:
2) you can contact the Pittsburgh Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been lodged against them:
3) You can search the business name on sites like Google with the term "review" to see what others think of the business. You can also look to sites like www.ripoffreport.com, to see if anyone has filed a complaint against them.
4) If they have taken your money and you have not received what you paid for, you can file a dispute with your credit card company and they money will be taken out of the business' account until the dispute is resolved.
5) you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov and they might investigate the matter for you.
Best of luck to you.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).