socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Four years ago I was pulled over in North Carolina and given

Four years ago I was pulled over in North Carolina and given tickets for driving with a suspended license and driving without insurance. I did not go to court to take care of this at the time and now I live in Georgia. I am assuming there is a bench warrant in NC for me. I was just going to show up in Charlotte, but because of the bench warrant I am wondering if I should get a lawyer in NC before I show up to hopefully lessen the amount of time I am in jail, so that I can keep my job in Georgia.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Pretty good idea. Warrants never expire, so you definitely have exposure if you are found within NC's borders.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking "Accept", you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.