CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

hi question for you. let say you were convicted of a crime

hi question for you. let say you were convicted of a crime you did not do by a jury trail. you were adqused of resting arrest and battery on a leo. by a all white jury. u had on handciffes ,when willing they threw you down the staires and hit you .but they said you hit them .which was not true .came court time all types were lost only the word of the police officer.all your wittness statments were lost also what should you do five years was given for sentecens
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
What is your question. I understand your facts but need more information on what I can do to help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how can i get sentence redused
At the sentencing hearing, you need to present mitigating factors, for the Judge to consider. If the sentence has already been imposed, it is best to file a motion for reconsideration of the sentence and explain why the sentence was harsh. If the sentence was illegal, you can always file a motion for post conviction relief.