P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

I just asked a question regarding creating a fraudulent ticket

I just asked a question regarding creating a fraudulent ticket to the super bowl. The attorney explained that this was a misdemeanor and if my first offense, I should expect a fine in court or probation. What do you mean by first offense? I was charged with Felony battery on a leo and when through the PTI program about 2 yrs ago. I did not have my record expunged....will this affect the current charge? I have never been charged with this offense....just the prior charge mentioned above.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
yes, it can affect your current charges...typically with a prior you can expect an increase in the sentence. If you have a prior, this time you may expect more probation (longer) and perhaps some jail time...but really that will depend on all the factors of your case (the aggravating and mitigating factors).

You want to be able to present your case to the court to demonstrate that this conduct was not typical for you and will not happen again. You may be able to plea bargain with the district attorney to reduce your sentence...your attorney can assist with this.

I suspect that you can avoid jail...but urge you to select a good attorney to help you through the process.