P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

I was arrested for fraudulent creation /possession of a ticket/pass

I was arrested for fraudulent creation /possession of a ticket/pass to the Super Bowl. Statute # XXXXX I think? Very hard to read the report. I was released, with an appearance to attend court on 2/23/09. Charge status on the report is listed M. Is this considered a misdemeanor and what can the judge do to me when I show up in court? Should we expect a fine, what would be the max amount or what is the standard punishment for this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

Here is the statute

§ 817.355. Fraudulent creation or possession of admission ticket

Any person who counterfeits, forges, alters, or possesses any ticket, token, or paper designed for admission to or the rendering of services by any sports, amusement, concert, or other facility offering services to the general public, with the intent to defraud such facility, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

This is a misdemeanor. If your first offense, I suspect you would get a fine and/or probation. But the maximum punishment is 1 year in you should retain qualified counsel to assist you. If you can not afford counsel tell the court and they will appoint you a lawyer

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.