CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

my son was arrested on Frriday, January 30 and process for

my son was arrested on Frriday, January 30 and process for marijuana. My son doesn't smoke marijuana nor cigarettes and he was processed through the system and and kept for 72 hours, so he pleaded guilty so he can only be released. What can be done about this situation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
If he plead guilty, his case is resolved and he needs to fulfill the sentence imposed by the court. If he knowing, voluntarily and intelligently resolved his case, even if it was for the sole purpose of being released from jail, there is nothing that can be done. However, if he did not know what he was doing or was mislead by the Judge, he could file a motion to vacate his plea and fight this charge.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did he plead guilty with intent to state that the marijuana was his or just voluntarily to be released?
I'm not sure I understand your follow up question. Can you please explain it a little more and I would be happy to answer it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When you plead guilty your accepting that the charges against you is true . Is that correct?
Yes, pleading guilty is admitting to the charges against you and allowing the court to sentence you.