Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

im 18 years old and recently got a ticket for possession of

Customer Question

im 18 years old and recently got a ticket for possession of marijuana. the cop wrote down info from my fake id on my ticket because he thought it was real even though i had told him i was 18. so my ticket has a false drivers license number and date of birth.In court will they double check these and try to get me for having a fake id.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
They may, but you can just refuse to answer questions about the name and address. The better thing to do is hire an attorney that way you never have to speak directly to the prosecutor or judge and can work outr a deal through the lawyer and the subject of the fake ID may never come up.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
for the most part your answer is satisfactory.can u clarify? Are you saying if i dont comment on date of birth or license i cant be charged with it.I mean they didnt take the id away do you think there is anyway to prove i gave a fake id?
thank you .
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
They can try and prove a fake ID but all they have is the officer's testimony since they don't have a copy of the ID. However, if you testify or talk to them then they are going to ask why the wrong info was on the ticket.