Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
3396227

Is it a criminal offense to open up a persons email, if they

Customer Question

Is it a criminal offense to open up a person's email, if they have given you permission to do so?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- If they have given you permission to open the email then it can't be a criminal offense to open it.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Although, permission was given to open up this person's email criminal investigator popped up. What could this mean?

I have no idea how there could be anything criminal involved if there was permission given. Since I don't have any more facts there's really nothing I can analyze or review.

Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you know what criminal investigator would mean in this persons email thank you.

You will need to explain this a little more. Who is saying there is a criminal investigation? If there is permission to open an email there just can't be anything criminal about it.

Dave

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dave all i know is this that criminal investigator was a green screen that came up in the email display I dont know if it said investigator or investigation

I don't know the meaning of that. I would ask the person who gave the permission if they know of any problem. They would be the only person who could complain about opening the email illegally. If you have not been contacted by anyone regarding this then the only way to find out is to contact the owner of the email.

Dave

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks Dave

No problem and thanks for using our service - Dave