Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

My son will soon get a citation for public indecency. This

My son will soon get a citation for public indecency. This is the second time in Oregon. The first time he was on numerous drugs in an attempt to commit suicide. He had taken many hits of acid and used meth. He recieved two weeks in jail. He was seen in several locations and one was a drive thru coffee hut. This was almost 5 years ago. Since that time he has not gotten in trouble, he has a son (baby) is a full-time student. Last week on his way to work he stopped for coffee at a drive through coffee hut, his zipper was broke and when he reached back to get something from the back seat, apparently he became exposed. The girl called the police and at this point an officer came looking for him, but no charges are filed. I am very worried. How can one prove the intent was not to arrouse?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
You almost can't prove that.

The best evidence you have is the broken zipper. Be sure not to let anything happen with the pants or to repair them.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I do have the pants. This happened one week ago. When will he be arrested? What are the odds of a not guilty/dismissal? What can one expect from oregon law?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
There is really no set answer to your questions since it depends on a lot of different facts. He may not be charged at all, or it could be a year from now. If they file the charges the odds of a dismissal in any criminal case are extremely low. With the pants as evidence he has a fair chance of a not guilty, as long as his previous conduct isn't allowed into evidence.

The best thing you can do is hire a lawyer now and see if he can head things off. A lot of times some type of deal can be worked out if it is caught early.