Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Hi ,my niece has been booked for possessing marijuana with

Hi ,my niece has been booked for possessing marijuana with intent to sell,apparently they had 4 lbs divided into separate bags!It's her first offence,they say she was transporting from northern to southern Cal.
Can you tel me what you think the minimum punishment,if found guilty,would be.She claims it was for medicinal purposes.Many thanks.russ.

the penalty includes a possible two to fours years incarceration. but because she is a first time offender, she may be eligible for Prop 36 which allows first- and second-time nonviolent, simple drug possession offenders the opportunity to receive substance abuse treatment instead of incarceration

4 pounds would not qualify as simple possession, but with a good defense lawyer she might be able to negoiate a plea agreement

good luck