N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

can someone take you to court if there is no signed contra

Customer Question

can someone take you to court if there is no signed contract?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my husband and I have been paying his sister almost every month for a bedroom set that we were buying from her and there was not set amount of how much had to be paid and how long it had to be paid by and now she wants it back and my husband wants the money back that we did pay for it and he said that he's not giving it back to her unless she gives us the money back and she said that she would not give us the money back and that she would take us to court. There is no signed argeement on how much we had to pay and how long it would take us to pay it off so can she do that???
This is an unusual situation because it sound slike she agreed to sell you the furniture and you agreed to buy it but there was no agreement on the price.

Either side can ask for rescission of the contract. Rescission requires restitution, so she can get nack the furniture and you can get back the money paid to her.

You or she can probably ask for this in small claims court. See and

I hope this information is helpful.