How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4476
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to file a sentence modification in Elkhart County Indiana.

This answer was rated:

Need to file a sentence modification in Elkhart County Indiana. Where can I find the appropriate form/s?

There's no real form, but a Motion for Modification of Sentence typically looks like this:

[Case Caption]

Defendant respectfully XXXXX XXXXX Court for a modification of sentence, and in support thereof, states:

1. Reasons for the modification (school/job)
2. Reasons for the modification (no longer live in the city, etc)
(as many numbered paragraphs are needed to state the basis for the request)

Wherefore, Defendant respectfully requests [extension for ___]; in the alternative, Defendant respectfully XXXXX XXXXX the house arrest be transferred to _______ in [city], located in Marion County, Indiana.

Respectfully submitted,

Send a copy to the court as well as the district attorney who handled your case, and put a note that you have served the State with the copy at the end of the motion.
Hammer O'Justice and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you