petty larceny 1st offense
petty larceny 1st offense
can you tell me your question please?
shoplifting $164.04 mcpetty larceny
But your question...do you want to know the maximum punishment for this offense?
i was cuaght stealing in walmart worth $164.04 am i going to prison i dont want to lose my job it is my first offense this is in fallon nv im willing to pay the fine or do acommunity service39821.7463767361
yes and how to abjucate or will i go to prison39821.749344213
As a petty offense, you will not go to prison. particularly for a first offense.
here is the law in NV
Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 205.240 (2008)
205.240. Petit larceny; penalty.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 205.220; , 205.226; , 205.228; and 475.105, a person commits petit larceny if the person:
(a) Intentionally steals, takes and carries away, leads away or drives away:
(1) Personal goods or property, with a value of less than $250, owned by another person;
(2) Bedding, furniture or other property, with a value of less than $250, which the person, as a lodger, is to use in or with his lodging and which is owned by another person; or
(3) Real property, with a value of less than $250, that the person has converted into personal property by severing it from real property owned by another person.
(b) Intentionally steals, takes and carries away, leads away, drives away or entices away one or more domesticated animals or domesticated birds, with an aggregate value of less than $250, owned by another person.
2. A person who commits petit larceny is guilty of a misdemeanor. In addition to any other penalty, the court shall order the person to pay restitution.
Prison is typically reserved for violent or serious offenses or for habitual offenders
That said you are charged with a crime. If convicted you will have a criminal record and could get some jail time (though most likely would receive a fine and probation)
You will rate an attorney if you can not afford one...you you should work with your attorney to reach the best result.
Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.
Criminal Law Expert
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).