As a petty offense, you will not go to prison. particularly for a first offense.
here is the law in NV
Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 205.240 (2008)
205.240. Petit larceny; penalty.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 205.220; , 205.226; , 205.228; and 475.105, a person commits petit larceny if the person:
(a) Intentionally steals, takes and carries away, leads away or drives away:
(1) Personal goods or property, with a value of less than $250, owned by another person;
(2) Bedding, furniture or other property, with a value of less than $250, which the person, as a lodger, is to use in or with his lodging and which is owned by another person; or
(3) Real property, with a value of less than $250, that the person has converted into personal property by severing it from real property owned by another person.
(b) Intentionally steals, takes and carries away, leads away, drives away or entices away one or more domesticated animals or domesticated birds, with an aggregate value of less than $250, owned by another person.
2. A person who commits petit larceny is guilty of a misdemeanor
. In addition to any other penalty, the court
shall order the person to pay restitution.
Prison is typically reserved for violent
or serious offenses or for habitual offenders
That said you are charged with a crime. If convicted you will have a criminal record
and could get some jail time (though most likely would receive a fine and probation)
You will rate an attorney if you can not afford one...you you should work with your attorney to reach the best result.
Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.