FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Hi..My fiance& i been engaged for 1yr. before our engagemnt

Customer Question

Hi..My fiance& i been engaged for 1yr. before our engagemnt he broke our t.v cause he found out i saw another man during our back and forth breakup. My fault yes but also his fault he lost his temper&broke t.v&ran out. i called cops i was mad so now case has been rolling for 1yr now over the t.v he broke.He will take a plea of 4month jail time&felony. His lawyer is pushn for misdemeanor and jailtime so when he get out he can still work. what can i do to overturn this case?D.A saw our background yrs ago when we had past fights with one another he used past tape recordings when i called cops&is using the past in to this case& if we take it to trial most likely we will lose and ill look stupid on the stand. Our engagement is basically over&our lives will change forever. we r both hurting very much. We were going to move in to our new 1rst home and start a new life together. He works 2jobs 6days a week at westin hotel as a fire safety director. What can we do? he doesnt deserve it so harsh
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Typically the past tapes of your prior fights would be inadmissible in the current case.

It may be helpful if you both entered into an anger management program and/or other counseling program. You could then explain to the DA that you do not want to press charges and have both taken corrective action not to repeat the fighting.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is it. anger classes or counseling. That helps but i find it hard to face this reality
Yes it is difficult. Best wishes to you.