How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116142
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi,im rex bush,pt,arthur,tx.i want a concealed handgun lic.,i

This answer was rated:

hi,i'm rex bush,pt,arthur,tx.i want a concealed handgun lic.,i took deferred adj. probation 10yrs,did 3&1 third successfully. my lawyer told me if i took this plea & did probation ok there would be no record,that was 2/07/1995.i go to get a chl or apply for a security or jailer job and denied because of conviction.but i'm suppose to write on application no felony conviction.i looked at nondisclosure or expunction,but don't think that will help.i was in a vehicle accident and the passenger of the other car was killed.they confirmed i was doing 70mph in a 45mph.the other car was making a u-turn on aXXXXXin front of me. tks
Since you took the deferred sentence you can apply for the expunction and you should go back to your attorney to file the expunction. Once the expunction is completed, the state will notify the FBI to remove it from the computers and they you would be able to apply for the permit.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you