P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

4 felony charges and 4 felony fraud charges in georgia is there

4 felony charges and 4 felony fraud charges in georgia is there a way to avoid jail time
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
If this is a first offense, it certainly is possible, but really it will depend on the nature of the offenses, the harm to the victim(s), and the aggravating and mitigating factors from the case.

The key is to work with your attorney. If your not happy with your attorney, it may be worth the effort and money to retain one. The attorney is the one who will negotiate with the prosecutor on your behalf and get the best deal possible.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.     
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i cant really afford a lawyer is it easy to gey workable terms as far as payment?
For a criminal law case, most require up front, but some will do payments or barter

I would start here

www.martindale.com

and see what you can find. I have found that when you are paying someone often they are more responsive...but you want to make sure that you get someone competent, not just "affordable"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you mean the whole cost up front or like a deposit would it be possible to get all that expunged or sealed
Both are possible, you will need to work with the attorney and his or her office...but again, competence over affordability if possible

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would it be possible to get all that expunged or sealed
If you are convicted, it is not possible in GA to have expunged or sealed unless you are a minor.

But, you can certainly attempt to get to a misdemeanor(s)....that would be a very big win if you can pull that off

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
u mean get them dropped to misdemeanors
Yes, if you can do that, it would be a major victory...but really it depends on the facts in the case and the strength of the state case...that is why you need a good attorney on your side to help

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
last question would that be something id have to do now or could i come back and try to get it chaged once i have money for a really good attouney
You need to do this up front.

Once the charges have been adjudicated it is difficult to impossible to change the outcome

P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience: 16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you