P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

There is a bench warrant for our son, age 24, for ignoring

There is a bench warrant for our son, age 24, for ignoring a court date for a drunk and disorderly conduct charge in Centreville, MD. He wishes to return to Centreville and clear up this matter. We would like to know what will likely happen when he returns to the Centreville police station and to court. Should he have legal representation? He presently lives and works in Lexington Kentucky and wants to clear his record by taking care of this matter.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
He should show up during the week, ideally on a Monday or Tuesday, so that when he is arrested he can make bond the same or next day.

He should make arrangements to post bond. It may be that the judge will allow him released on his own recognizance, but it is better to be prepared.

He should seek local counsel (a MD attorney) that can assist with this case. Again, it would be best if he can arrange this prior to turning himself in.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.