Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

I was on probation 14 years ago and I had an chrimal check

I was on probation 14 years ago and I had an chrimal check for a job and a report came back that their is an outstanding warrrant? The only thing I did was that i did contact my probation offier to let her know that my son was sending me a plane ticket to come home, she staded that all my fines are paid so you may go home. But i left a little before the that date. What can i do to take care of this. because of this i am not able to receive my SSI income determation.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.
Well, first you should call the court where the warrant was issued to find out what it was for. Then file a request to quash the warrant and set a hearing date, so you can go to court and get everything straightened out. At this point, since your case is so old, the court will likely just close it out and that will take care of it.