Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

I was put on probation June 2007, I have had not one single

I was put on probation June 2007, I have had not one single problem until Tuesday. I received a letter saying that I had a filed criminal case that was committed January 2007. It has been almost two years since, and the violation occured about 6 months before I was put on probation. Would this be a violation of probation because? What is most likely to happen? I am nervous because I am not the same person anymore and have been out of trouble. Could my probation officer send a warrant for my arrest? Should I notify my probation officer as well? Please help!
Hello.

No, the new case is not at all a violation of your probation. Only crimes committed within the period of probation are a violation. The probation officer should not be able to get a warrant on you because that case is not a violation. You might want to notify your probation officer just to be on the safe side, since they generally expect full disclosure, but your PO really won't be able to do anything with the information.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Even if the case involves a felony and misdameanor theft? The case was just filed last week, but the date of violation was January 2007. Please help...
It doesn't matter if you committed murder or jaywalked...as long as it wasn't within the period of probation it is not a violation.