Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney trained in criminal law matters, and many years of advising on such matters..
1987257

I WAS ARESTED READ MY RIGHTS THE POLICE TALKED TO MY LAWER

I WAS ARESTED READ MY RIGHTS THE POLICE TALKED TO MY LAWER AND WERE TOLD TO QUIT VTALKING TO ME WITHOUT HIM THEITHE POLICE KEPT TALKING TO ME FOR 8 H0URS WERE MY CIVIL RIGHTS VILOATED WHAT CAN I DO
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 8 years ago.

The US Supreme Court has indicated that in order for an interrogation to end, the invocation of rights must be made by the suspect, not an attorney. Moran v. Burbine 475 U.S. 412 (1986). If you believe the interrogation was involuntary or in some way coercive, your attorney can move to have the interrogation thrown out as evidence. But having your attorney request that it stop should not be enough to have it thrown out.

I hope this answers your question.

___________________

Please keep in mind that information in this forum is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute creation of an attorney client relationship. Before acting on any such information, you are always advised to consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction who can take the time to review all the facts and laws relevant to your situation.