Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Im a cleptomaniac I been accused of grand theft This is my

I'm a cleptomaniac I been accused of grand theft This is my second offence the firs one was few month ago for petty theft for this case I already paid the fine . The personel at the store were i was caught took everything what it was inside my purse including items that i had received for the holidays and force me to sign a paper that i didnt wanted to sign but the implaid that i will have problems at the police station. What can i do

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Consider finding help for your condition. It may assist in your case if you are in some type of treatment and it may assist you in not committing other crimes. You will also want to retain local counsel.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
Customer/span>

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So what charges i may face and what you mean with local councel?
You may face charges of theft. Local counsel would be a local attorney who can appear in court to assist you.

Thank you,
Customer/span>

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You mean Jail time or Just a fine ?
It could be both for a second offense but likely it would be a fine. Going into treatment could assist in convincing a prosecutor to plea for a fine.

Thank you,
Customer/span>