How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33092
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This was the plea I took in 2003. Ive completed all of my stipulations

Customer Question

This was the plea I took in 2003. Ive completed all of my stipulations. Ive reasearched it myself, but I still dont understand the under advisement part. Is it supposed to come of or alter? Is there anything I can do for employment if it is not?Offense: CSC - Assault With Intent to Commit Sexual Penetration Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 750.520G1Conviction Type: Plea Under Advisement
Home Invasion - 1st Degree - Attempt Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 750.110A2 Conviction Type: Plea Under Advisement

I am married and have two children I am trying to support, I put myself in a very bad situation when this occurred, please, please, help.

Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, court orders are written up so that a judge understands them and not the person most concerned with the order, you.

It sounds like you are under a "deferred adjudication" which means the court hasn't accepted the plea yet, and if you complete your probation successfully then the charge is dismissed and no judgment of conviction is ever entered. This is how many of the court orders handle the plea in these kind of cases because if you don't complete the terms the judge rejects the plea as stated and enters it as a straight guilty plea.

However, this is based on the very limited information you provided. The best way to find out for sure is to contact the attorney who assisted you in the plea and ask if this is what it means.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It happened in 2003 and i completed probation. So maybe thats not what it means.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Was that the last court order entered? You may want to check the court records and see if there was a subsequent order entered that either accepted the plea or dismissed the case.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you very much, you were very helpful, and I will follow the great advice.Happy New Year!

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Good luck to you and I hope you have a good New Year.