JPEsq.
JPEsq., Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Experience as Criminal Defense Attorney and criminal law professor
14397910

I have domestic violence charge and is supervised by probation

Customer Question

I have domestic violence charge and is supervised by probation official in state of Colorado. Since I was offer a job in state of Indiana and not able to get a job in Colorado. Do you think my PO will allow me to leave the stae for the job or what can I do to obtain the permit to leave the state??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 8 years ago.

you should be able to get your probation transferred. Was it a felony or misdemeanor? In IN it is actually easier to transfer the felony probation, many counties wont take misdemeanor transfers.

All that has to happen is an agreement by the IN county and the CO county. Happens all the time.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
misdemeanor, what agreement do you think will be problem for the tranfer?? What percent do you think state of Indiana will permit me to work here??
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 8 years ago.

Why wouldnt you be able to work here (IN)? 100% will allow to work.

Like I said, some counties wont take a misdemeanor transfer for whatever reason. All that has ot happen is your po will call the probation office of the county you are hoping to move to and ask them if they will take you.

My advice is if you really want to move, and cant get a transfer, try the next county over.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do you happen know which county won't accept the tranfer for my case??
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 8 years ago.

Well, there are 92 counties in IN.

I do not know all that wont take misdemeanors

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already accepted your answer but I hope you able to give me one quick answer. I plan on moving to Allen County, IN. Is this county accept misdemeanors or is there away to check it?? I tried but could not find it. Thanks
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 8 years ago.

I am in Southern Indiana, I believe Allen is north, and i am not familiar with it. You could call the probation office and ask them, but your probation officer should be willing to do this for you.