Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

Letter of Expungement to VA Judge. A friend of mine was charged

Letter of Expungement to VA Judge. A friend of mine was charged with Theft charges in Virginia, he doesn't reside in Virginia though this is where the crime took place, where he was arrested and where he was sentenced to his community service hours. He has received several federal government job offers but before starting he must get those charges expunged. His lawyer informed him to write a letter to his judge. Can someone please provide me with a rough draft of a letter to a judge for expungement as he will fill in the other case information. Thanks!

Here is an instruction manual for obtaining an expungement in Virginia. While it doesn't have a template per se, it has a list of everything that he needs to include in the application, so that should give him all the guidance he needs to draft the petition.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im quite busy at work and unable to read thru the entire .pdf document, he asked of me to find a template or sample letter.. so i don't think he would accept anything else..

Would you be able to look over the document and construct a template or rough draft of what exactly would be the best things to say to the judge in the letter of expungement.

I have opted out because I feel that writing a letter for him would constitute unauthorized practice of law. This website is for information only, not legal advice or legal work. It would be very easy for him to construct a letter that includes the requirements that are set out in that document. I am opting out in case someone else wants to do it, but if he wants someone to do the work for him, he may have to hire a local attorney.