CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I am defending myself against legal charges. I am incarcerated.

I am defending myself against legal charges. I am incarcerated. I believe that I know who the actual perpetrator is; a simple view of this individual would confirm this for me. Is there a protocol that I should follow, so I do not taint my finding? That is, I want to avoid an accusation of any kind from the prosecutor which might result in my identification becoming unuseable. What can you recommend? Should I simple pay for someone to take a photo?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
What is the charge(s) against you?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am accused of setting off an (IED)bomb in a public place.
If you are the defendant in the case, a witness is going to be called by the State, to identify you, as the person who set off this bomb. If you did not do this and it was someone else, the witness should in no way identify you. This is clearly an identification issue and the police arresting the wrong suspect. If you know who the person is, that set off the bomb, you need to speak with someone who can relay this information and look into it. It is probable not the best idea to represent yourself at this point while incarcerated, because time is being wasted and you are unable to speak with police and the State, to find the real person, who committed this crime. For you to bring in a picture of the person who did this and deny it was you at trial, really is not a strong defense, especially, if the State has witnesses saying it was you.This is something that needs to be handled prior to your trial.